Tuesday 6 November 2012

Electronic Update Letter








Dear family & friends,                         November 2012

Here is my first update that I sent out for my mission trip to Central Asia. I wanted to create an online version of it as well. I have been at orientation now for two months located in Abbotsford, British Columbia. We started out the training not knowing fully where we were going to go serve. I can now say, since teams have been announced, that I am going with three other amazing people to Central Asia.


Adele, Anna, Steve, Taylor
           

Our team has been focused and encouraged by a couple different verses. Currently our team verse is Isaiah 9:2, “The people who walk in darkness, Will see a great light; Those who live in a dark land, The light will shine on them.” This has also been accompanied by     1 John 1:3 (for training I have been working through memorizing this book), “That which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.” We also had Colossians 3:16,17 on our hearts, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”

There is so much that I want to tell you guys about, but I don’t have enough space on here to do that. I am starting a blog to let you guys know more of what is happening during this experience. My blog address is: http://stevestrekexperience.blogspot.com/  

Two major prayer requests that I have are: 1) for my team, and 2) for my finances. As for my team, I have been given the great privilege and responsibility to be the team leader. Pray that I will be able to lead my team well in a Godly manner. Then for finances, I am still about $4,000 short on my fundraising. It would be greatly appreciated if you could pray for God to lay it on someone’s heart to help in this matter.

Feel free to email me at oneholyfire@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Blessings,             

Steven Atkinson         

      

No comments: